Saturday, August 15, 2009

Color Tips for your background and Text

Tip From WVSanta

We need to take into consideration people with light sensitive eyes. I for one have this problem. The first thing I do when I get to a site with real bright color combinations is close the site. I can not read what is there so there is no sense in getting a head ache or having my eyes burning. We all need to consider this when choosing our colors. Remember what looks good to you may really hurt someone else’s eyes.
I have found that what works best for me is a light shade but pale background with either very dark color matching text or black text. I am not saying everyone needs to go to the same colors but the background needs to be light not bright and the text needs to be either black or color coordinated and dark. I personally find bright green or bright yellow to really bother me.
We need to tr y to appeal to everyone with our sites not just ourselves. I spent many hours playing with the colors at the radio site and I still need to change some of the combinations there. I have left the background alone for some time now but Bob can tell you I drove him nuts as he had to keep changing the Masthead (or banner logo) background color to match what I did. I found that the Light, Pale, Blue back ground worked the best. Another color combination that works well with my eyes is a very light tan or gray background with dark text.
A dark background and light text to me causes the illusion of the page constantly moving. What happens on some sites if I do try to read is first I get a sever headache and shortly after that my eyes start to burn. All joking aside I have actually used sun glasses to view some pages when my kids were not around to read the post to me. I would be interested to hear from other people on this as I do want any site to be able to find a happy compromise of what looks good to you yet allows someone with light sensitive eyes to read in comfort.
Santa


SubscribeShare/Save/Bookmark


No comments:

Post a Comment